About Impact Academy
Impact Academy of Arts and Technology is a tuition-free public charter high school in Hayward, dedicated to transforming students’ lives by preparing them for success in college and in life. We are in the process of adding middle grades to our school, click here for more information about the middle grades! Impact Academy offers students a rigorous academic experience and a diverse, compassionate community in which to grow. Our students are inspired and empowered to be leaders in their high school education and their communities.
Last year, Impact Academy was the subject of a prestigious study conducted by the Stanford Center for Opportunity Policy in Education (SCOPE). To read the report and learn more about “student centered learning” in action at Impact, click here: SCOPE-Student-Centered-Learning-Impact final.
Impact at a Glance:
- Public charter school
- Grades 9-12, adding 7th grade in fall 2016
- Student population: 465
- Located in Hayward
- College Prep classes for all students
- Project Based Learning
- Arts and Technology integrated into curriculum
- Thriving Sports and Extracurricular Program
- Average Class Size: 30
- Student to staff ratio: 1:15
- Accreditation: Impact is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Schedule: Impact operates on a rotating block schedule. Schools starts promptly each morning at 8:30 am. School ends at 3:40 pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, and at 1:05 pm on Wednesdays. Download the full bell schedule here.
- Closed campus policy: Impact has a closed campus. Students may not leave campus during the school day without the permission of a parent or guardian.
- Lunch Program: OUSD
- Impact Academy’s Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP), 2015-16
- Impact Academy’s School Accountability Report Card, 2014-15 | Versión Española de Informe de Responsabilidad Escolar, 2014-15